In our January 2019 newsletter:
- Aegean600: A new tough 600nm non-stop race. Starting June14th 2020. Join us !
- Our Outremer 4X Lynx launched! Charters from Lavrio starting September 2019
- OceanRacers news: Race around the world with the Pogo12.50 Hermes
- Sailing destinations: Skyros, world’s best marina and much more
Aegean600: A new tough 600nm non-stop race. Starting June14th 2020. Join us !
- 600nm Non-Stop circular route, starting and ending in Cape Sounio
- In the world’s best sailing venue, the Aegean Sea
- Tough, long, tactical, with all points of sailing expected
- Obligatory passages: Santorini Caldera, Kos strait, Delos/Mykonos strait
- Starting on Sunday June 14th afternoon, 3 – 5 days of great racing.
Join our Train & Race programme: 1 week of training + Aegean600
- with your complete crew: charter our fast boats with one of our world class skippers
- as individual crew member (Pogo12.50s)
Boats available: Pogo30, Pogo36, Pogo12.50s, Pogo50, Solaris47, X-Yacht 43
- Saturday June 6th: Arrival in our base in Lavrio
- June 7th to 12th :
- 6 full days of training around the Cyclades
- At least one overnight sail
- Afternoon theory courses (tactics, weather, rules, safety)
- Friday June 12th: Skipper’s meeting & Reception Party in Olympic Marina Lavrio
- Saturday June 13th: Final boat preparation
- Sunday June 14th : Start of the Aegean600, from Cape Sounio
Limit limit for boats to finish by Friday June 19th
- Saturday June 20th:
- 3000euros/person participating individually (Pogo12.50s)
- for an entire boat:
- Pogo30 : 9,000 for up to 4 participants + skipper
- Pogo36 : 12,000 for up to 5 participants + skipper
- Pogo12.50 : 18,000 for up to 7 participants + skipper
- Pogo50: 22,000 for up to 9 participants + skipper
- X-Yacht X43 18,000 for up to 7 participants + skipper
- Solaris47: 20,000 for up to 7 participants + skipper
Included: skipper, race registration fee, port fees, automatic life jackets.
Not included: Food and drinks, personal AIS (not obligatory for the race but strongly recommended)
To charter a boat for that race, please contact : [email protected]
For details about the race visit: http://aegean600.com
Our Outremer 4X Lynx launched! Charters from Lavrio starting September 2019
– Carbon mast
– Laminate sails
– Carbon tillers
– Top electronics
– 4 double cabins, 2 heads with electric WC
– Rigid bimini
– Fully equipped kitchen
For reservations contact us at [email protected]
OceanRacers news: Race around the world with the Pogo12.50 Hermes
Join our friends from OceanRacers, Morgen and Meg and race around the world on board Hermes, our original Pogo 12.50!
Since taking possession in 2016, they have taken Hermes on an impressive international race tour:
– 3x Caribbean 600s,
– 3x Transatlantics,
– Rolex Middle Sea Race
– 3x Antigua-Bermuda Race, winning 3rd Place in 2019 (bravo!)
Hermes got even better: running backstays, masthead kites, new carbon race sails adorned with beautiful gold wings.
For more info visit their website: oceanracers.net/racing/
or follow their social media: @oceanracers
Sailing destinations: Skyros, world’s best marina and much more
We are often asked: tell us a nice sailing destination…
The sailing playground in Greece is truly vast but some places have something so particular…
Skyros island is one of them.
Right in the middle of the Aegean Sea, hard to reach but certainly worth the effort.
From Lavrio via Karystos or Andros it is 30nm + 70nm. Sometimes the strong north winds oblige us to sail around Evia island, through the Halkida strait, usually with a stop in the Sporades (total ~230nm).
For the return -especially with a strong meltemi- prepare for the ride of your life, a double crossing of the Aegean Sea:
Skyros – Psara 50nm
Psara – Andros 55nm
Andros – Lavrio 35nm
Some highlights of Skyros:
Linaria: by far the world’s best marina, service is top with all you’ll need and much more (showers with disco music!)
Check their website for details.
Upon approach call VHF 9 or tel +30 6978 409 433.
(if you are a marina operator, just go there to see how the job is done!)
Fantastic bays: Skyropoula and Sarakino islets, Pefkos, Vales, Apia, Renes, Diapori, Agios Fokas…
Stay on anchor or use Linaria marina as your night base
Skyros town: A medieval castle at the top, narrow streets, no cars, great views…
Delicious local food: Goat with lemon and thyme, rouster with wine, fresh cheese, honey, sweet quince…
You will discover the rest.
Exceptional FastSailing experiences in Greece