In our September 2020 newsletter:
- A very good reason to thank you
- New charter boats: Pogo44 and Solaris40 starting 2021!
- Pogo12.50 Hermes2 is
- New dealerships: SEAir foiling RIBs & RΛPIDO Trimarans
- Updated November 2020 “Train & Race” programme
- Sailing destinations: Levitha, a paradise pit stop in the middle of the Aegean Sea
A big thank you!
The 2020 season is a strange and difficult one. Nonetheless, we remained active: upgraded our technical facilities, set up our new Pogo36 and Dehler30od, got new dealerships and -most importantly- we did so far a decisive number of charters, hopefully some more till late November. As a result, we look optimistically towards a post Covid future with a solid development plan, offering you even more top quality performance boats.
Dear customers, for your flexibility, loyalty and support, the entire FastSailing team feels obliged to say a big and wholehearted
New charter boats: Pogo44 and Solaris40 starting 2021
Our fleet is growing with 2 brand new boats starting in spring 2021:
- Apollo, a super fast Pogo44
- Aeneas, a stylish Solaris40
Both will be based in Lavrio.
Pogo44 – Apollo
When rumours about a new Pogo start to circulate, we are all waiting impatiently to see it.
And we know that it will certainly be part of our FastSailing charter fleet!
Standing in between the Pogo12.50 and the Pogo50, the Pogo44 is going to be the most modern Pogo ever built, benefiting from Finot-Conq’s and Pogo’s experience.
As all our Pogos, Apollo (already under construction) will have full performance and comfort features, promising some great sailing with lots of super fast surfing in the greek seas.
Sailing performance features:
- Carbon mast
- Carbon bowsprit
- Hydranet (dyneema) upwind sails
- Mast track with car sliders
- Code0 on Karver endless furler
- A2 (big) and A5 (small) spinnakers with socks
- NKE Autopilot with true and apparent wind mode
- B&G chart plotter in cockpit
- Pivoting keel (variable draft 1.4m-3.10m)
- total crew capacity: 10 persons
- 4 cabins (3 double cabins + 1 with superimposed bunks)
- Double bed in the saloon
- 2 bathrooms with electric WCs and shower
- Cockpit table
- 2 refrigerators
- Cockpit shower with hot water
- Inox anchor and chain
- Solar panels
For reservations contact us at [email protected]
Solaris40 – Aeneas
In early 2021, Solaris will present its new model, the Solaris40, a revolutionary design that offers a level of comfort that is found in much bigger sailboats. One of the first hulls, named Aeneas, will join our charter fleet as of spring 2021.
The most distinct feature is the super wide aft cockpit sections that allow to steer with a perfect view towards the sails while remaining always dry. Moreover, it offers true unobstructed space when on anchor.
Hull chines extend all along to the bow offering form stability while sailing and plenty of interior volume for comfortably wide spaces.
Our Solaris40 will be fully fully equipped.
- full synthetic teak
- fixed carbon bow sprit
- recessed mainsail traveler running along the entire cockpit width
- Genoa tracks
- custom solar panel
- large swimming platform
- spray hood
- cockpit table
- helmsman seats…
- 3 very comfortable cabins,
- 2 heads both with shower and electric WC
- Saloon sofa convertible to a double bed,
- Large kitchen with 2 refrigerators and coffee machine
- Side hull windows
- Webasto heater
- 2 GPS Chart plotters in cockpit
- electric dinghy inflater
- dinghy with electric outboard engine…
- Full batten main with 3 reefs (Hydranet – dyneema fibers)
- Roller Genoa (Hydranet – dyneema fibers)
- Roller Jib (Hydranet – dyneema fibers)
- Asymmetric spinnaker with sock,
- Code0 on endless furler.
For reservations contact us at [email protected]
Pogo12.50 Hermes2 is on sale
We were not planning to sell any of our Pogo12.50s in the end of 2019 because we had good reservations, so we even made significant investments on Hermes2 :
- new sails,
- brand new engine,
- electric WC,
- solar panels… and lots of other smaller improvements
Unfortunately due to the Covid it is time to sell Hermes2.
Hermes2 is a Pogo12.50 with lifting keel and Vinylester composite hull built in April 2014. Hermes2 has been professionally maintained and constantly upgraded in close cooperation with the Pogo yard making the boat far more functional and better equipped than 6 years ago.
The boat is in very good condition from every point. We will do at NO extra cost a new paint job for the mast in the color of the new owner’s choice (white, black or transparent).
The special deal:
The new owner can test sail Hermes2 by chartering for an unlimited number of days (subject to boat’s availability). The charter price will be fully deducted from the selling price to be paid in mid November 2020.
Selling price is price 225,000€ (tax not paid).
The new owner is not obliged to pay VAT since Hermes2 can remain under the existing “professional status” for at least 3 more years.
If the new owner wishes so, we offer the possibility to keep Hermes2 under our management with more or less limited chartering for covering annual expenses and possibly more than that, without any restriction on the desired periods and duration of private use.
Please download this pdf file where you will find all the details about:
- the improvements made on the boat since 2014
- how we took care of Hermes2 since 2014
- options for the new owner
- photos and links for videos from Hermes2
For inquiries, please contact us directly:
Tel: +30 6977 2345 27
e-mail: [email protected]
New dealerships:SEAir foiling RIBs & RΛPIDO Trimarans
We are proud to announce that FastSailing has been appointed regional dealer for Greece, Cyprus, Bulgaria and Romania for two very distinct boat builders, the SEAir foiling RIBs & the RΛPIDO Trimarans.
Originating from the Class Mini650, SEAir is a pioneering french company in foil design.
Their foiling RIBs range from 5.5m to 9.8m offering significant fuel reduction and overall a more comfortable ride with less noise, less slamming, and less spray.
Their foils are fully retractable facilitating port maneuvers, launching form a trailer or even beaching.
Rapido Trimarans were born by the passion of Paul Koch, builder of OSTAC and Corsair trimarans for over 30 years.
Rapidos are designed by the very successful Morelli & Melvin naval architects with the goal of producing ocean-cruising trimarans that are powerful enough to accelerate out of any weather trouble and that can be safely crewed by two. Enter the concept for the world’s fastest production cruising trimaran!
Rapidos’ are built in three sizes : 40, 50 and 60 ft.
Rapido40 and Rapido50 have a patented float folding system that allows docking using a single monohull berth.
The speed potential of the Rapidos is simply amazing with boat speed way above TWS.
The speed diagram for the Rapido40 speaks for itself:
TWS=25kts, TWA=95deg=> Boat speed=30kts !
Charter Management plans with Fastsailing
FastSailing can offer Charter Management plans to future Rapido owners allowing them to cover annual expenses as well as to amortize part of their investment. Such plans are fully flexible:
- no restriction on how many weeks and which period of the year the owner will use the Rapido
- the owner can impose his terms: charter with or without skipper, maximum number of charter weeks per year etc
- we can do a break if owner wants to do a long around the world cruise
- we are open to discuss any other request
For more information visit the Rapido website or contact us:
Tel: +30 6977 2345 27
e-mail: [email protected]
Updated November 2020 “Train & Race” Programme
Following the mess-up caused by the Covid we have updated the November edition of our Train & Race that will take place during 14-22/Nov on multiple Pogo12.50s:
Saturday 14/Nov: Arrival in our base in Lavrio
15/Nov: 1 day of navigation in the Cyclades.
16-17/Nov: 2 days of non-stop navigation.
18-20/Nov: 3 full days of training around the Cyclades. Afternoon theory courses (tactics, weather, rules)
21/Nov: DEI Regatta 20nm in Faliro Bay. Return to base
Sunday morning 22/Nov: Departure
We remind to all our participants of the March 2020 edition that was cancelled due to Covid, that they are very welcome to join one of our upcoming events.
For the complete 2020 and 2021 programme visit the Train & Race tab in our website.
Reservations: [email protected]
See you there!
Sailing destinations: Levitha, a paradize pit stop in the middle of the Aegean Sea
There is an island that is as if it has been designed by and for sailors:
- A perfect all weather shelter
- Half – way between the Cyclades/Dodecanese
- With 12 mooring buoys to tie up securely
- With an authentic Greek family taverna run by the island’s only inhabitants
- With a soft water spring
That is Levitha, a paradise pit stop in the middle of the Aegean Sea!
Located ~25nm east of Amorgos and ~24nm west of Leros,
it offers a safe and comfortable anchorage for those crossing
between the Cyclades and the Dodecanese.
A place so uniquely beautiful that is worth just going there
as a destination.
- Excellent food up at the taverna (try the burger)
- 5 more bays around the island offering good shelter and absolute privacy
- The island’s family runs a small but quite complete farm: grain field, vineyard, fruit, vegetables, goats… all that on that tiny island.
- Fishermen from Kalymnos pass by regularly supplying fresh fish. Feel free to show up and reserve your part from the catch of the day and they will prepare it for you in the taverna
- World war II sea mines are lying (safely) on land
The north narrow cove within the bigger bay. With our Pogo12.50 Hermes back in 2015<
Exceptional FastSailing experiences in Greece
For more information visit us at www.FastSailing.gr or email us at [email protected]