In our November 2019 newsletter:
- Athena – One more brand new Pogo36 in our charter fleet!
- Upcoming boat shows: Geneva, Paris, Düsseldorf, and Limassol
- Updated 2020 “Train & Race” programme – Spring Med Voyage with Pogo50 new route: Cannes – Lavrio
- Sailing destinations: Porto Gerakas, on the escape route from strong meltemi winds
Athena – One more brand new Pogo36 in our charter fleet!
Starting from March 2020, we will have 2 x Pogo36 in our Lavrio base, allowing for some interesting match racing.
As with all our boats, this one too is fully – fully equipped with top notch gear.
Sailing performance features:
- Carbon mast
- Carbon bowsprit
- Aramid (kevlar) laminate upwind sails
- Antal mast track with fibreball car sliders
- Code0 on Karver endless furler
- A2 (big) and A5 (small) spinnakers with socks
- NKE Autopilot with true and apparent wind mode
- B&G chart plotter in cockpit
- Pivoting keel (variable draft 1.2m-2.95m)
- 3 double cabins
- Cockpit table
- Electric WC
- Large fridge
- Cockpit shower with hot water
- Inox anchor and chain
- Custom design for windlass and anchor davit
- Solar panels
A high quality, super fast charter boat for some great sailing in the greek seas.
For reservations contact us at [email protected]
Upcoming boat shows: Geneva, Paris, Düsseldorf, and Limassol
Geneva 8-10/Nov/2019: Fastsailing stand SN-525
7-8/Dec/2019: at the Pogo stand 1K79
- Düsseldorf Boot (DE)
18-26/Jan/2020: at the Pogo stand *
- Limassol boat show (CY)
7-10/May/2020 Fastsailing stand at the Limassol Marina*
See you there!
*stand numbers to be announced soon
Updated 2020 “Train & Race” Programme – Spring Med Voyage with Pogo50 new route: Cannes – Lavrio
Our 2020 Train & Race Programme has been updated.
The Med Voyage on the Pogo50 will now be from Cannes in Franceto Lavrio, Greece during 27/April – 09/May/2020.
Up to 8 participants + skipper
Embarkation in port Canto, Cannes : Monday April 27th 2020
Disembarkation in Olympic Marine, Lavrio: Saturday May 9th 2020
Price: 2000euros (port fees, diesel and food not included)
For the complete 2020 programme visit the Train & Race tab in our website.
Reservations: [email protected]
See you there!
Sailing destinations: Porto Gerakas, on the escape route from strong meltemi winds
In the Aegean sea the meltemi winds blow very often really strong and then the wind map looks typically like this:–>
In such conditions, coming back to Lavrio from the southern Cyclades can be a tough upwind job.
Fortunately there is a much more comfortable and beautiful route.
Start from Milos and then do a nice 65nm reaching leg till the coast of the Peloponnese.
The ride is always doable and the more you get closer to the Peloponnese you will notice that the meltemi will get milder and milder. A natural safe port -almost like a fjord- is waiting you: Porto Gerakas, a picturesque village, with small tavernas and shops.
- The ancient city of Zarax, near cape Kastro is really worth a visit and it is just 200m from the port.
- The salty lagoon. Take your dinghy and explore the west part of the the bay, a shallow salty lagoon forming a unique natural habitat.
Heading north from Porto Gerakas towards Lavrio is always easy, the northerlies are rarely strong and there are many intermediate stops: Vlychada, Kyparissi, Fokianos, Leonidio, Sampatiki, Dokos… plenty of nice spots to discover!
Click on the image to see a nice drone video –>:
Approaching Porto Gerakas from the sea
(watch after 1:35)
Exceptional FastSailing experiences in Greece