Pogo44. The paradigm
Incorporating over 20 years of experience in building fast cruisers, Pogo44 is redefining once again the standard of the category. Positioning itself between the Pogo12.50 and the Pogo50 it offers the comfort of 4 cabins while being capable for gliding at double digit speeds.
Designed by Finot-Conq and built by Pogo Structures in France, the Pogo44 benefits from the technological and design developments applied on their previous models : all around performance, robust structure, wide beam, form stability, double tillers, deep keel, carbon mast, square top main…. With voluminous shape, she offers plenty of cockpit and interior comfort, that can only be found in cruisers at least 10ft longer.
- Sail area /Displacement2/3 = 34.61 for upwind (D=5.9t, Upwind SA = 113m² )
- Sail area /Displacement2/3 = 69.83 for downwind. (D=5.9t, Downwind SA=228 m²)
- Flat hull shape optimized for planing both upwind and downwind
- Pronounced rocker => minimal drag in light airs + bow up when sailing downwind in strong breeze
- Mast positioned far aft and relatively tall (taller than the mast of the Pogo50!)
- High aspect square top mainsail (short boom but tall mast)
- Bigger front sails: Genoa, Code0 and Spis
Interior and exterior comfort that you can only find in much bigger yachts.
Interiors: 4 cabins, 2 WC with shower, hot water, full kitchen, fridge, storage, excellent ventilation
Deck: Large and unobstructed cockpit, cockpit table, cockpit shower, low diving platform
Sailing fast does not have to be uncomfortable!
Absolute safety. Sail relaxed, feel and be safe at all times, no compromise on that! Safety comes from 5 basic characteristics: Robust structure, Stability, Unsinkability, Offshore design, Speed potential Robust structure:
- Hull reinforced both longitudinally and transversally
- All bulkheads are structurally integrated
- Extra reinforcement on highly stressed areas of hull and deck (winches, rudder pits, engine etc.)
- Keel pivots backwards to absorb a grounding shock
- Structures naval yard construction quality
- Very low center of gravity – below the hull. 1.95 out of the 2.1tons of total keel weight, located at the lowest part from -2m to -3.1m.
- Keel/Displacement ratio is at 2.1/5.9=36.4% (most cruising yachts have <30% , most racer/cruisers are rarely above 35%)
- Significant righting moment
- Form stability (4.5m beam compared to ~4.0m in conventional boats of similar length)
- 3.1m deep keel
- max righting moment of 6.5tm @ 45o or equivalently max righting arm of 1.09m (Most racer/cruisers are rarely above 0.8m…)
- AVS (angle of vanishing stability) = 115o, with keel down
- Twin rudders inclined to leeward.
- Always a rudder fully submerged for control.
- Rudder stands ~vertical => no hydrodynamic lift => steering is always soft and responsive
- When downwind both the rudders in the water => extra stability.
- When upwind only one of the rudders remains submerged => reduced drag
- Buoyancy foam below front and aft cabins
- Watertight aft and bow crash compartments
- All controls and manoeuvres are cockpit lead.
- All winches are close to the cockpit’s central axis. The crew does not have to lean towards the yacht’s extremity for monoeuvring
- Cockpit table folds and becomes a long inox handle with rounded edges to protect the crew
- Banks protect from incoming waves
- Open aft section for immediate drainage in case a wave breaks into the cockpit.
- Watertight sliding door is not the classic detachable panel type, but always in place, and ready to be closed at any time
- Life-raft is stored permanently within the cockpit for immediate access and safe deployment in case of emergency
Speed: Being fast is an element of safety per se:
- reach shelter quickly
- escape from a weather front
|Hull, deck & rigging|
|Steering system||Twin rudders, Twin Tillers|
|Navigation Category ISO 12217||A – unsinkable|
|Mainsail||Square top 63 m²|
|Staysail on removable stay||30m²|
|Asymmetric spinnaker A2||165 m²|
|Asymmetric spinnaker A5||120 m²|
|Gennaker/Code 0||90 m²|
|Interiors / Amenities|
|single bed||1+1 folding to double|
|WC with shower||2|