Dehler30 One design. Performance & Innovation
Dehler30 one design: Awarded European Yacht of the Year 2020, this is a performance boat designed by offshore sailors to be as fast as possible and for short handed sailing. No handicap rules, considered, only speed and safety!
Full of innovative features, it has drawn quickly the attention of sailing enthusiasts and has been nominated for the European Yacht of the Year 2020 award in the category of racer-cruiser.
Innovation does not stop into the performance features but extends to the comfort and amenities with some really clever ideas.
You can race, train or simply enjoy this great boat in Greece. The Cyclades and Aegean Sea are the perfect venue to express its character.
- Sail area /Displacement 2/3 = 31.72 for upwind (D=2.8t, Upwind SA = 63m² )
- Sail area /Displacement 2/3 = 65.19 for downwind. (D=2.8t, Downwind SA=129.5 m²)
- 200lt of water ballast in each side for extra power and stability
- Flat hull shape optimized for planing both upwind and downwind
- Pronounced rocker => minimal drag in light airs + bow up when sailing downwind in strong breeze
- Low drag from the innovative stealth drive hiding completely the propeller
Interior and exterior comfort that you can only find in much bigger yachts. Very carefully and smartly designed interiors.
Interiors: 3 cabins, WC, full kitchen, fridge, storage, excellent ventilation
Deck: Ergonomic cockpit, cockpit shower, storage, elastic pads for comfort
Sailing fast does not have to be uncomfortable!
Absolute safety. Sail relaxed, feel and be safe at all times, no compromise on that! Safety comes from 5 basic characteristics: Robust structure, Stability, Unsinkability, Offshore design, Speed potential
- Hull reinforced both longitudinally and transversally
- All bulkheads are structurally integrated
- Extra reinforcement on highly stressed areas of hull and deck (winches, rudder pits, engine etc.)
- Construction quality
- Very low center of gravity thanks to the 2.2m deep torpedo keel weighing 0.9t (out of total 2.8t)
- Keel/Displacement ratio is at 0.9/2.8=32.14%
- Significant righting moment
- Form stability
- 200kg of water ballast
- 2.2m deep keel
- pronounced chines for additional righting moment
- Twin rudders inclined to leeward.
- Always a rudder fully submerged for control.
- Rudder stands ~vertical => no hydrodynamic lift => steering is always soft and responsive
- When downwind both the rudders in the water => extra stability.
- When upwind only one of the rudders remains submerged => reduced drag
- All controls and manoeuvres are cockpit lead.
- All winches are close to the cockpit’s central axis. The crew does not have to lean towards the yacht’s extremity for monoeuvring
- Banks inclined and with comfortable pads from incoming waves
- Open aft section for immediate drainage in case a wave breaks into the cockpit.
- Watertight sliding door is not the classic detachable panel type, but always in place, and ready to be closed at any time
- Life-raft is stored permanently within the cockpit for immediate access and safe deployment in case of emergency
Speed: Being fast is an element of safety per se:
- reach shelter quickly
- escape from a weather front
Dehler30 One Design
|Hull, deck & rigging|
|Steering system||Twin rudders, Tiller|
|Propeller||3-blade stealth – retractable|
|Navigation Category ISO 12217||A – unsinkable|
|Mainsail||Square top 34.5 m²|
|Staysail on removable stay||13.5m²|
|Asymmetric spinnaker A2||95 m²|
|Asymmetric spinnaker A5||75 m²|
|Gennaker/Code 0||45 m²|
|Interiors / Amenities|
|large single bed cabins||2|
|single beds in saloon||2|
|WC with shower||1|